Another very tired night. I was up at 4am thanks to the baby and was feeling exhausted by the end of the day. Because my practice was so quiet yesterday I thought I should be a bit more active with today’s yoga. Side effects? I feel a little more energized now, even though I should really be sound asleep.
The practice went WAY BETTER than I thought it was going despite it feeling a little rushed for some reason tonight. When I did rabbit tonight my back did the weirdest thing. I sort of clicked the whole way along the spine. Not like a “clunk, my back is being adjusted” sort of thing. It was like a subtle clicking that ran the whole way along spine. It sounded like dominoes. I felt great after. My vision felt crisp and my back felt great. Now, however I can already feel it getting sore and that only happened half an hour ago. I hope I didn’t do any harm to my back. I don’t think so. I think my body is just adjusting itself. The other thing I did tonight was a little intuitive movement. Just rolling around, moving my spine and neck carefully. I was a little stiff from yesterday’s practice and movement felt good.
45 Minutes of mixed Ashtanga/Bikram asanas
- 3 Sun Salutations
- Utthita Parshvasahita (Sort of, I can’t look the in the opposite direction without falling over and when I grab my toe my leg bends sometimes)
- Intense Side Stretch (Parshvottanasana)
- Wide Forward Stance (Prasarita Padottanasana A)
- Wide Forward Stance (Prasarita Padottanasana D)
- Locust Pose
- Full Locust Pose
- Fixed Fim Pose (Supta-Vajrasana)
- Rabbit Pose
- Reclining Eagle Twist